WHAT TO BRING TO TREATMENT
We congratulate you for taking the courageous step of seeking the treatment and support that you need to begin your new life in recovery. Making the decision to attend a treatment program can be overwhelming, but let us assure you that your stay at Recovery Advocates Treatment Center will be very beneficial to you. We are dedicated to making your transition into sobriety as comfortable as possible. We have compiled a brief list of what to bring (and what not to bring) to treatment with you. Please note that there may be other items not listed that our staff deems inappropriate for your stay at Recovery Advocates.
Upon admission, one of our staff members will check your belongings to ensure that you have brought appropriate items for your stay here in Delray Beach, FL. We ask that you review this list and pack the essentials to the best of your ability. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
• Casual, comfortable clothing
• Exercise clothes
• Comfortable, practical shoes/sneakers
• Medications – please bring your existing prescribed medications in their original bottles: medications will be monitored and all clients will meet with our on-site psychiatrist.
• Bathing suit, beach towel, sunscreen
• Musical instruments
• Journal, books, art supplies, etc.
• Alarm clock
• If you smoke, please bring your own cigarettes and/or electronic cigarettes (only sealed juice bottles).
WHAT NOT TO BRING
• Revealing clothing and those with designs or wording that promotes drugs, alcohol, violence, profanity, or is considered obscene.
• Cell phone, laptop, mp3 player, or any other electronic device. Any electronic devices that you bring will be securely stored in safes until your discharge.
• Products containing alcohol (i.e., mouthwash, hairspray, aerosol, perfume, cologne, etc.)